Sunday, September 26, 2010

Back from a two week running hiatus

So I have been on a two week running hiatus. (I just realized I start alot of my posts with "so", meh) I went for a 5k run this morning and I managed to avoid the rain altogether, whoo hoo! It was even unseasonably warm. I wore my new favorite running outfit, see previous post, and I had a pretty good run! As usual I picked up the pace for the last km, which is broken up by cross streets, and as I pass each cross street I pick up the pace just a little bit more. On the last block I was doing a full on sprint. According to my lovely Garmin, I rocked the last km with a pace of 4:11, gazelle, yes I am! I still haven't beat my fastest 5k race time, but I will in due time. I shaved 30 seconds off my last 5k that I ran, so another 41 seconds faster and I would've kicked my pr to the curb. Whats 41 seconds? Probably the time I stood waiting at the time I spent waiting at the traffic light. Meh.

After my run, I grabbed a snack before it was time to take the poor puppies out for their walk.
*editors note, this is a snack reenactment, actual snack was devoured before I thought about taking a pic.

So as the day went on today, I kept feeling this odd tweak in my foot, on the coutside aspect of the bottom of my foot, opposite of the arch. Ugh. I hopre I didn't hurt anything. I'm gonna put my feet up, sit on the couch, and rest it this evening, then hopefully all will be better in the morning. Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

  1. ugg, I'm still finding it so hard to get out. Must be the change of season. Weird though cause I really like rainy day running.

    ReplyDelete