Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Routine, Schmootine!

So, its the day after Labor Day, which means back to school for all the little kiddies and back to routine for the mommies (and daddies). In regards to the gym, its almost as bad as January. I had 3 clients today, from 9-12 and my 9am clients (two friends who shared a 2 hour appointment) got to witness all the glory that is a packed gym! For their warmup, I actually got the very last two treadmills, the lovely ones all pushed up against the wall with no room for me to stand next to them and coach them on programs, heart rate training zone, etc. UGH!

So moving right along, most fitness establishments accomodate for the back to school busyness and plan the breaks in between sessions to fall during back to school time. All fine and dandy for most poeple, but I CRAVE routine! Pilates ended sometime in July and doesnt start again until September 20th, Bootcamp is on a two week hiatus, the Leisure Center is Closed until next week... you get my drift. Sure there is lots of classes ay my gym I can go to or other studios but its not my routine! I ALWAYS run Tues, Thurs and Sunday mornings, never afternoons, Bootcamp is on Mon, Wed, and Fri evenings, Yoga is Friday at noon with the possibility of  a Tues evening class and Sunday class and Pilates is on Monday nights.

This all works fine and dandy for me, I get my alloted rest time, go to the classes I enjoy and can fit it all in. But NOOOOOO! They have to go and screw up my schedule! Can ya tell I'm a lil anal? END RANT.

So on another note, I went for my first 5K in a long time on Sunday. It started out to be not the best of the runs but then I started to get into my breathing, stride, good songs on my ipod and I was doing good! Its is also one of my favorite routes because the first half is gradual uphill and the second half is gradual downhill. The makings of a rockstar run! So I was running my last 1.5k, trying to pick up my speed, aiming for negative splits and all and this woman just flies by me, running like a gazelle! I did the smile, nod, good morning jazz but inside I was like WTF? So I picked up my speed, not wanting to be left in the dust and all but I could not catch her! She was flying! Hmph! I couldnt catch her by the end of my run, so I stopped my watch and walked home, huffing and puffing. I didnt upload my run to my computer right away, forgot about it and when I uploaded it on Monday, lo and behold, my last k was a FULL two minutes faster than my other splits! Whoo hoo! Now if only I could run like this at a race!

2 comments:

  1. haha funny! I hate Gazelles. There's this high school girl who runs laps at the lake I run around and she zooms past me wearing her cotton sweater and super long strides. Stupid teenager! I always remind myself that I'm running much farther then she is and that she will have horrible knee pains when she gets home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it Lafarge lake? I used to do speedwork at the track there and one day there was this young dude there running around the inside of the tracka nd throwing himself to the ground, then getting up, doing some funny twists in teh air, you get my drift. my friend and I were trying not to stare or burst into laughter but it was hard!

    ReplyDelete