Thursday, September 9, 2010

The clothes really do make the man (or woman)

I was having a really lazy day today, as I was up pretty late talking with the lovely hubby (we do that once in a while, and we werent even yelling :)) so when 7am rolled around this morning, I was not a happy camper. But today is what us Lulu obsessed like to call "Upload Thursday", or basically the day they upload the new stuff onto the website. There was rumor that the coveted Run: Inspire Pullover was going to be uploaded today so I dragged my ass outta bed just enough to grab my laptop and crawl back into bed, waiting. We have this down to a science, and have figured out things usually start to appear around 7:30-8am ish. We are really quite sad, as we all sit there messaging eachother as to what is appearing, yes we need lives but the clothes are heaven! So anyways, as I had gone to Lululemon and stocked up on fall gear yesterday, I was only looking for the pullover (which should arrive tomorrow, yay!) so I bought it and then it was time to get ready for my run.

The smart thing to do would have been to eat and hydrate while sitting on the computer but I was uber lazy this morning so I made my oatmeal after, grabbed my ice water, and again crawled back into bed to feast. It was 9am by this point and I realized that I had a 5k run to do today, which would be an hour after I include warmup and the walk back home and my poor puppy dogs were still confined to their kennels. Time to get my ass in gear! So here was todays outfit.
So this includes Run: Cross Train Crops, Run: Swiftly SS, 50 Rep Bra, Asics GT 2150, Garmin 110 and my iPod. I felt like a goddess in my all purple outfit! Who doesnt like to be all matchy matchy once in a while right? So I went out for my run with the aim to pick up the pace in the last 1.5k and I sure did! I reported before about the gazelle woman passing me as I ran on Sunday and today I pictured her again in my mind. Well it definately worked! I finished my run over SIX MINUTES! faster than my sunday run and only one minute slower than my fastest 5k time. And this was supposed to be an easy run. I guess thats my competitive side coming out! I definately felt like a rockstar at the end, even though it dawned on my as I felt the urge to keel over and die that I probably should be running with ID. Meh. Someone will find me eventually ;)

After I got home and walked the dogs it was time for some post run food and a shower. I made my favorite post run meal of a homemade Egg McMuffin. Take one english muffin (I prefer Sourdough), toast in toaster, take one egg, crack into english muffin sized circular rubbermaid container (greased or the egg with become one with the container) and microwave for 40 seconds. Slather english muffin with margarine (good fat, as opposed to double cheeseburger which is bad fat) and throw on a slice of cheese for good measure and devour like you've never eaten before! If it was an especially tough run, repeat above steps until either all english muffins and eggs are gone or until you realize youve just eaten all the calories youve burnt off with your run. Enjoy :) Next post, Goal Setting 101

3 comments:

  1. you should use real butter, not margarine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, go for the butter!

    How do you like the cross train crops? I'm eying them up for myself.

    Have you broken in your 2150s? Usually with such a pricey shoe there isn't a long break-in period, although a I could see a stability shoe being stiffer in the beginning than a neutral shoe (what I'm used to wearing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was feeling lazy, thats why I used the margarine instead of butter, I am definately a butter fan but the margarine was there and the butter was hard as a rock so the margarine won:P It took one run to break the gts in, the first run sucked big time! I had to walk every 5 mins cuz my feet were tingly and numb! This is my second pair of the gts and I absolutely love them! I went for an 8k walk the other day in my non-running running shoes (Nike Lunar Glides) and it was horrible! They are definately meant for looks, not function! Thanks for the comments guys, keeps it from being lonely around here and me feeling like im talking to myself (not that I dont do that anyway)!

    ReplyDelete