Sunday, November 18, 2012

Operation Flat Tire. Week one, day three

This trying to eat healthier jazz kinda got derailed last night when the boy and I decided to go play a little bingo in the afternoon, then, because we were having so much fun and he can never pass up an opportunity to gamble, ended up coming back for evening bingo with mommy dearest and then staying for late night bingo. Yeah, bingo from 3pm till midnight, we are rock stars like that.

I used to go to bingo all the time as a child with my Nama, and last night definitely brought back memories. We would go up to Halfmoon Bay to visit and if we were good, we got to go play bingo. If not, we would get a treat brought back. Always in the form of a chocolate bar. She sure knew the key to my heart.

So back to the food. Last night consisted of lots of pop, chicken fingers, candy etc. I had a chicken chili simmering in the slow cooker but it ended up just going into containers for lunches. Oh well, healthy eats during the week.

In terms of setting myself up for success, I've learned a few things about myself. The main one being that weekends are not a time to commit to healthy eating or exercise. I never make it to the yoga studio on the weekend and I love food, so therefore, love eating out. As long as I stay somewhat healthy during the week, I won't feel so bad about the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment